If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
When you comprehend the basics of cooking, it can be such a releasing and compensating experience to create a merely tasty dish or baked thing. The smells in your home and also the faces of the people that you share it with are valuable. We hope this Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes dish will offer you some suggestion for you to come to be an amazing cook.
Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
You can have Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes :
- You need to prepare For the Beef Part.
- Use ground beef.
- Use carrot, minced (I used 1/2).
- Provide medium sized onion, minced.
- Provide chili powder.
- Use adobo seasoning.
- You need salt and pepper.
- Prepare For the Potatoes.
- Provide large Russet Potatoes.
- Provide garlic powder.
- You need sour cream.
- Provide chicken broth.
- Provide cheddar cheese, divided.
- Use milk.
- You need flour.
- You need butter, melted.
- Prepare Optional.
- Provide Optional Gravies/Sauces to serve with!.
- You need Beef Gravy.
- You need to prepare Mushroom Gravy.
You betcha and the family will love them! A Novel Way With Potato Skins Potato skins have always been a popular snack. Sometimes "twice baked" potatoes are even a meatless main course. These shepherd's pie filled potato skins are the ultimate main course.
Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes step by step :
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wash potatoes well..
- Bake potatoes for 45-50 minutes, or until they can be easily stabbed with a fork. (I actually was running late on getting dinner started and have a Potato Express handy, so I used that and microwaved for 5 minutes).
- While the potatoes are baking, mince the onion and carrot. Brown the ground beef, and add the veggies, chili powder, adobo seasoning, and salt and pepper. Stir fry until veggies are tender. (Whoops, forgot to take a picture of the beef!).
- Once potatoes are done baking, carefully cut and outline around the top, pull up the skin, and use a spoon to scoop as much potato out as possible. Be careful not to burn yourself!.
- Add the milk, sour cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, and half of the cheese to the potato innards and mash them. Add more milk if you'd like them creamier..
- Stir the beef mixture into the mashed potatoes until well mixed. Set aside..
- In a small bowl or cup, melt the butter. Add the flour and any additional spices (I added extra adobo) and stir to make a thick paste. Spread this paste into the bottom of and sides of the potatoes..
- Stuff the potatoes with the beef mixture, and pile it on top too!.
- Add remaining cheese and bake for 10inutes, or until cheese has melted..
- Enjoy! We ate ours with a bit of sour cream on the side. I had Mac n cheese with mine, because I'll never say no to Mac n cheese! :).
Take twice-baked potatoes and add a wintertime fave - shepherd's pie - and you come up with this tasty meal! It's my revamp of a recipe that was in our newspaper a couple of years ago and we love it. Make it your own by varying the ingredients to fit your taste. I did and my family loves it! These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies).
Since you have actually read Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes recipe, it is the moment for you to head to the kitchen and prepare some great food! Bear in mind, cooking is not an ability that can be 100 percent right in the beginning. Method is needed for you to master the art of food preparation.
If you find this Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.