Looking for the perfect Traditional Cottage Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Traditional Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
As soon as you recognize the basics of cooking, it can be such a freeing as well as awarding experience to produce a just tasty dish or baked product. The smells in your home as well as the faces of individuals that you share it with are invaluable. We wish this Traditional Cottage Pie dish will offer you some idea for you to end up being an amazing cook.
Traditional Cottage Pie Recipe
You can cook Traditional Cottage Pie using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Traditional Cottage Pie :
- Provide Mince.
- Provide large onion, chopped.
- Use olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need red wine.
- You need garlic, chopped.
- Provide mixed dried herbs.
- You need chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare medium carrots, sliced.
- Use smoked bacon, chopped.
- Prepare worcestershire sauce.
- Use Salt.
- Provide Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need tomato purée.
- You need to prepare mince beef.
- Prepare Mash.
- Use dijon mustard.
- You need to prepare butter.
- Provide full fat milk.
- You need to prepare potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Provide Water, to boil potatoes.
- Provide salt.
- Prepare Fresh ground black pepper.
- Use Grated cheddar cheese.
Traditional Cottage Pie step by step :
- Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat the oil over a medium heat. Then add the bacon, fry for 2-3 minutes until bacon is cooked. Remove the bacon and set aside..
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot to the pan to the oil, cook over a medium heat until the vegetables become soft..
- Next add the mince and cook until brown..
- Add the tin tomatoes, purée, wine, mixed herbs, the cooked bacon, the Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes..
- In the meantime, boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft. About 15 minutes..
- Drain the potatoes well and then mash. Add the mustard, milk and butter. Season with pepper and if needed more salt. (You may add another tbsp of mustard, if you prefer the taste a little stronger)..
- When ready, spoon the mince mixture into a casserole dish. Top with the mash and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese..
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 c / Gas mark 5..
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes or until the mash has become golden brown..
- Let it rest for 15 minutes prior to serving..
There is constantly something new to find out when it concerns food preparation as well as every chef's skill-set is open to enhancement. This Traditional Cottage Pie recipe is just a few recipe concepts to help boost your chef's performance. There are many more good recipes out there and also great cooks maintain seeking them throughout their lives. Continuous learning is the essential to ever-improving cooking abilities.
If you find this Traditional Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.