If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Lots of people like cooking as well as think it makes the excellent relaxing pastime. A kitchen that is full of fresh food that smells tasty is certain to make any individual's state of mind a little bit lighter. It can in some cases seem difficult, however, to determine dishes that help you or recommendations that results in an eventually effective meal. Possibly this Lentil Shepherd's Pie recipe is the one you are looking for.
Lentil Shepherd's Pie Recipe
To cook Lentil Shepherd's Pie you need 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Lentil Shepherd's Pie :
- You need to prepare Ingredients for potato topping: -.
- Prepare no medium size potatoes boiled and peeled.
- You need milk.
- You need to prepare olive oil.
- You need to prepare salt.
- You need to prepare Ingredients for making lentil stuffing:-.
- Prepare cooked green french lentil/sabut masoor dal.
- Prepare large size carrot.
- Prepare celery.
- Prepare medium size onion.
- You need tomato paste.
- Prepare no garlic cloves.
- Use olive oil.
- Use peas.
- You need to prepare pomegranate Juice.
- Use vegetable broth/water.
- You need thyme leaves dried.
- Prepare garlic powder.
- You need Salt and black pepper powder as per taste.
- You need to prepare chopped celery leaves.
Lentil Shepherd's Pie step by step :
- Chop onion, carrot, garlic and celery in small pieces in separate bowls and keep aside..
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high flame..
- Put a pinch of salt and black pepper in hot oil along with chopped vegetables and keep stirring continuously for 6-7 minutes until the vegetables are cooked properly..
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add pomegranate juice and cook till it is over..
- Slow down the heat,add cooked lentils, peas, tomatoes paste, 1/2 cups vegetable broth, thyme, garlic powder, salt and black pepper and cook on low flame stirring continuously for 5 minutes..
- If the pulses become very dry, mix 1/4 cup broth more and mix well.Remove from flame and keep it aside..
- In a big bowl add boiled potatoes and mash with the help of masher..
- Add milk,oil, salt and pepper in mashed potatoes and mix well..
- Preheat the oven for 200 minutes at 10 minutes..
- Put the prepared mixture of lentils in ramkins or baking dish and put a layer of potato mixture over it..
- Bake at 200 * C for 10-15 minutes.Broil the potatoes for two more minutes to make it crispy..
- Once done remove from the oven,garnish with chopped celery leaves and serve hot..
Everyone wishes to be a much better cook. Everyone intends to try out fun recipes. Finding the time and also really feeling the motivation to be creative in the kitchen can occasionally present a difficulty though. We hope these Lentil Shepherd's Pie recipe can bring the magic to your kitchen. Provide a couple of these ideas a shot tonight, your taste will certainly thanks!
If you find this Lentil Shepherd's Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.