If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Cooking could be one of the earliest abilities worldwide. That does not imply that there are any restrictions to the understanding available for the chef interested in enhancing his or her abilities. Also the finest cooks, also experts, can constantly discover new recipes, approaches as well as strategies to improve their kitchen abilities, so lets try this Baked Shepherd's Pie recipe, we hope you like it.
Baked Shepherd's Pie Recipe
You can have Baked Shepherd's Pie using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Shepherd's Pie :
- You need to prepare Potatoes.
- Use Ground beef and pork mix.
- Prepare sized Onion.
- Provide Milk.
- Prepare Easy melting cheese.
- Prepare salt.
- You need Soy sauce.
- Prepare Pepper.
- Use Nutmeg.
- You need Salt and pepper (For the mashed potatoes).
- You need to prepare Whisked eggs (This helps to brown the recipe more easily; optional).
Baked Shepherd's Pie step by step :
- Peel the potatoes, cut into fourths, and boil..
- Finely chop the onions, and sauté in a pan coated with vegetable oil (not listed, about 1 teaspoon) until they become transparent..
- Add the ground meat, cook until it changes color, add salt, soy sauce, pepper, and nutmeg and sauté some more..
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, drain, season with salt and pepper, and mash..
- Once they are pretty well mashed, add milk and mix thoroughly (Adjust the firmness to your liking with milk). Taste, and add more salt if needed..
- Put half of the mashed potatoes into a casserole dish, and spread it out evenly..
- Add all of the ground meat from step 3, and top with cheese..
- Divide the remaining mashed potatoes into 3 equal portions and scatter on top..
- Press it out evenly with plastic wrap..
- Coat it with whisked egg; use a fork to make a pattern, and cook at 480°F/250°C for 15 minutes, and then at 570°F/300°C for another 5-6 minutes..
- You are done once it turns golden brown!.
- *If you are having trouble getting it to turn golden brown, I have a little trick... Mix 1 teaspoon of Mirin in with the whisked eggs and coat, and it will turn golden brown easily..
- **If you don't have Mirin, then bake at 570°F/300°C from the start until it browns, and then reduce the heat..
Now that you have reviewed the Baked Shepherd's Pie recipe, and also you have the knowledge that you need to perform in the cooking area. Obtain that apron out, dust off your mixing bowls and also roll up your sleeves. You have some cooking to do.
If you find this Baked Shepherd's Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.