If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cottage/Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Are you a cooking master? Possibly you are simply a kitchen professional? Or like numerous others, you might be a beginner.Whatever the case may be, valuable cooking suggestions can include some fresh concepts to your cooking. Take a while and find out a few points that can splash some new enjoyable right into your kitchen regimen. This Cottage/Shepherd's Pie recipe maybe a perfect fit for you.
Cottage/Shepherd's Pie Recipe
To make Cottage/Shepherd's Pie you need 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
Ingredients of Cottage/Shepherd's Pie :
- Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need to prepare Ground Beef or Lamb (I used Ground Beef).
- You need Large Onion, diced.
- You need to prepare Carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare Garlic, minced.
- Provide Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare Ketchup.
- You need Paprika.
- Prepare Dried Rosemary.
- You need or Red Wine.
- Prepare All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare Beef Stock.
- You need to prepare Frozen Peas.
- You need to prepare For the mashed potato topping:.
- Prepare Potatoes (7-8 medium sized potatoes), peeled and cut in.
- You need to prepare Whole Milk.
- Use Unsalted Butter.
- You need Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need Egg Yolk.
- You need Salt and Pepper,.
Cottage/Shepherd's Pie instructions :
- In a large skillet preheated over medium-high heat add the olive oil with ground beef. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes while breaking it up with a spatula until it’s no longer pink..
- Add onions and carrots, season them with salt and pepper. Cook the veggies for about 7 to 8 minutes or until they have developed some color and started to soften. Add the garlic, ketchup, worcesteshire sauce, dried rosemary and paprika and cook for another minute..
- Add the wine and cook it for about a minute or until it has reduced slightly..
- Sprinkle beef with the flour and cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes..
- Add the beef stock and let it come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened..
- Stir in frozen peas and cook until warmed through for about 2-3 minutes..
- For the mashed potato topping:.
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with cold water and add some salt. Bring to a boil, cook until soft for about 1
5-20 minutes and drain. Use a potato masher to mash potatoes until smooth..
- In a small saucepan, heat together the milk and butter so it’s nice and warm. Add the warm milk and butter to the mashed potatoes along with some cheddar cheese and mix everything well. Season with 1/2 tsp of paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Add the egg yolk and mix well..
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees..
- Spray the bottom and sides of a large baking dish with some non-stick spray, add the meat mixture and then top it with the mashed potatoes. Spread it evenly and place it in the oven and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the mashed potatoes are golden brown..
Cooking a delicious dish for your household does not need to suggest costs hrs toiling away in the kitchen area. There are many variety of recipes such as Cottage/Shepherd's Pie recipe, you can make use of to whip together a great meal quickly, quickly your family members will be enjoying the fruits of your labors.
If you find this Cottage/Shepherd's Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.