If you're looking for Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Whether you are a college student just beginning your own culinary experiments or an experienced chef with many dinner parties under your belt, there is constantly something brand-new to learn about cooking. We hope these Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes recipe and tips can help you in your kitchen area tonight, and also get used to incredible home-cooked dishes.
Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes Recipe
You can have Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes :
- Provide Vegetables.
- You need onion.
- Use celery.
- You need to prepare fennel.
- You need to prepare tomato.
- Prepare zucchini.
- Prepare mushrooms.
- Prepare Meat.
- You need ground beef.
- Provide sausage.
- You need to prepare can tomato paste.
- Use Topping.
- Prepare sweet potatoes, mashed.
A shepherd's pie is a traditional dish made with ground lamb and mashed potatoes. One serving of sweet potato contains double the amount of the recommended amount. Shepherd's pie filled with ground turkey sautéed with mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs with a savory garlic sweet potato topping. This sweet potato shepherd's pie was inspired from my classic Lightened Up Shepherd's Pie.
Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes instructions :
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave with one quarter cup of water until done.
- Brown 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound sausage, 1 cup of fennel, 1 1/2 cup of celery, and 1 medium onion.
- Season the meat mixture to taste.
- Blend the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Cut up remaining vegetables including a summer squash 1 medium tomato and mushrooms.
- Once the meat mixture is cooked to add the vegetables plus one 6 ounce can tomato paste to it.
- Cover until heated through then transfer to a cake pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes then use the broiler to brown the top.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes so the goodness congeals together.
I also have a meatless version, Portobello. Use sweet potatoes: For an amazing sweet+savory combo, feel free to use sweet potatoes instead of Russets or Yukon golds in your mashed potatoes. You're welcome to serve this shepherd's pie with extra gravy on the side, if you would like. Otherwise, we enjoyed ours with My kids absolutely love sweet potatoes and will eat them any way I fix them, so this is a good way to add in the extra veggies. I love this healthier take on shepherd's pie with a creamy sweet potato topping.
Cooking a tasty meal for your family does not need to mean investing hrs ploding away in the kitchen area. There are numerous number of recipes such as Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes recipe, you can use to whip together a terrific dish quickly, quickly your family members will be enjoying the fr
uits of your labors.
If you find this Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.