If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Corrie's Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Cooking might be among the earliest abilities in the world. That does not suggest that there are any limits to the understanding available for the chef thinking about increasing his/her skills. Even the finest cooks, even professionals, can constantly discover brand-new dishes, techniques and also strategies to boost their kitchen area abilities, so lets try this Corrie's Cottage Pie recipe, we hope you like it.
Corrie's Cottage Pie Recipe
You can cook Corrie's Cottage Pie using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Corrie's Cottage Pie :
- Use Meat Sauce.
- You need sunflower oil.
- Use onion.
- Use garlic.
- You need to prepare salt.
- Provide beef mince.
- You need water.
- Provide beef stock cube.
- You need carrots.
- You need Worcestershire Sauce (optional).
- Provide Mashed Potatoes.
- You need to prepare potatoes.
- Provide semi skimmed milk.
- Use butter.
- Prepare salt and pepper.
- Use grated cheese (optional).
Traditional cottage pie - Savory Tooth. Need an Irish dish for St. Make this traditional cottage pie, also known as shepherd's pie! Super comforting and easy to make.
Corrie's Cottage Pie step by step :
- Crush the garlic with the flat end of a knife and chop finely. Chop the onion into dices..
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or pot and add the onion and garlic. Fry on a low to medium heat for 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt..
- Add the beef mince and cook through until brown. Drain off the fat..
- Crumble the beef stock cube into the mixture and stir well. Add the water and stir again..
- Add the carrots and bring the mixture to the boil. Add a dash of Worcestershire Sauce, if using. Cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Wash and peel the potatoes then cut into equal sized chunks..
- Place the potatoes in a pot and pour over cold water, just enough to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes until tender. When a potato slips of the blade of a knife easily, then they are ready :).
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Mash well, leaving no lumps then stir in the milk and butter. Mix well..
- In a casserole dish, line all of the meat sauce on the bottom. Top with the mashed potatoes. Smooth the potatoes with a fork. Sprinkle some cheese on top if you like..
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the top is slightly browned and crispy. Serve and enjoy!.
Wonderful cottage pie reminds me of the meals I had in my British school's canteen.
I followed the recipe for everything except the green peas coz I do not have them on hand. This classic cottage pie recipe is easy to make and would make the perfect family meal packed with minced beef, sweet tomatoes and topped with creamy mash. Try this easy cottage pie, a beef pie with mashed potato topping. If you use lamb instead of beef you can call it a shepherd's pie.
Take these Corrie's Cottage Pie recipe ideas as well as utilize them and maybe even experiment while you are at it. The kitchen is a fantastic area to try new things with the best assistance.
If you find this Corrie's Cottage Pie recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.