If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
If you are having trouble recently in the kitchen when it involves obtaining your food perfect, you are not alone. Lots of people have natural cooking skill but not quite sufficient knowledge to prepare with perfection. This Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie dish is a good start, easy to cook and tasty.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie Recipe
To cook Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie you only need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie :
- Prepare Potato Topping.
- Prepare Peeled Russet Potato.
- Use Peeled Sweet Potato.
- You need to prepare Salted Butter.
- You need Sour Cream.
- You need to prepare Salt.
- Prepare Ground Black Pepper.
- You need to prepare Dried Tarragon.
- You need to prepare Smoked Paprika.
- Provide Filling.
- Use Celery Stocks.
- Use Basil Leaves.
- Use Pineapple Sage Leaves.
- Use 80/20 Ground Beef.
- Use Salted Butter.
- Provide Salt.
- Prepare Ground Black Pepper.
- You need to prepare Crushed Red Pepper.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie step by step :
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Slice russet and sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Add to a saucepan and fill with water until covered. Simmer over medium-high heat for roughly 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft enough for mashing..
- Meanwhile, for the filling, slice celery stalks lengthwise in half, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces..
- Chiffonade pineapple sage and basil leaves into thin ribbons. NOTE: If you can't find pineapple sage, use regular sage leaves and add some orange zest. It should be close..
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a medium skillet and melt over medium-low heat. Add celery, pineapple sage, basil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a dash of black pepper. Saute on medium-low for 10 minutes, or until celery had just lost its crispness..
- Set aside cooked celery in a medium-sized bowl. To the same skillet celery was cooked in, add ground beef, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, a dash of black pepper, and the crushed red pepper. Increase heat to medium and cook 7 minutes or until cooked through..
- While the beef is cooking, strain the cooked potatoes and return to saucepan. With a mixer or by hand, mash the potatoes with the butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, tarragon, and smoked paprika..
- Transfer cooked beef to bowl with celery and mix together. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a small baking dish. Then, spread the mashed potatoes on top to cover completely..
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes..
Since you have actually read Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe, it is the time for you to head to the kitchen area and also prepare some terrific food! Keep in mind, food preparation is not an ability that can be 100 percent right initially. Method is needed for you to understand the art of cooking.
If you find this Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.