Looking for the perfect Cottage Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
There are several sources of information on cooking. Some info is tailored towards seasoned cooks and except the typical person. It can be confusing to learn every one of the available details. The good news is, this Cottage Pie recipe is easy to make and will certainly offer you some great ideas. They will certainly help anybody, even an amateur.
Cottage Pie Recipe
You can have Cottage Pie using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie :
- Provide meat mixture.
- Use butter.
- You need olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need ground beef.
- Use onion, chopped.
- You need garlic, minced.
- You need dry rosemary.
- Prepare salt.
- You need to prepare ground cumin.
- You need worcestershire sauce.
- Use ketchup.
- Use cayenne pepper.
- Provide all-purpose flour.
- Prepare beef broth.
- Use frozen peas.
- Provide frozen carrots.
- You need to prepare potato topping.
- You need to prepare medium purple potatoes.
- You need to prepare butter.
- Use heavy cream.
- You need to prepare pepper jack cheese.
- You need to prepare cheddar cheese.
- Use egg, beaten.
- Provide salt.
Cottage Pie step by step :
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In a deep sauce pan add in butter and oil on medium heat..
- Add in the onions, garlic, and beef, and saute for 10 minutes until beef is cooked through..
- Add in flour and mix; the flour will absorb the extra moisture to create a gravy later..
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes to cook off the flours raw edge and add in the below seasoning ingredients..
- Add in broth, cook and stir until sauce has thicken (about 5 minutes)..
- Stir in frozen veggies, and remove from heat..
- Add meat and veggie fill
ing into a baking dish... Be sure to flatten your meat mixture in the dish..
- Meanwhile boil your potatoes until fork tender..
- Then add in butter, heavy cream, cheese, seasoning, & egg yoke. Mash and mix well..
- Using a large spoon, place dollops of potatoes over your meat filling, then using a fork, gently spread potatoes evenly across the meat filling. Doing it this way will help from pulling the meat up & mixing it into the potato crust..
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes until the sides have brown..
- Remove baking dish from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving..
A fantastic, home-cooked dish is the kind of thing everyone remember. Utilizing these Cottage Pie recipe to boost your food preparation coincides as an athlete who maintains training-- the much more you do it, the better you get, discover as much as you can around cooking. The even more recipe you have, the far better your meals will certainly taste.
If you find this Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.