Cooking could be among the oldest skills worldwide. That does not indicate that there are any type of limits to the understanding offered for the cook interested in raising his or her abilities. Even the finest chefs, also professionals, can constantly find brand-new recipes, approaches and also techniques to boost their kitchen skills, so lets try this Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies recipe, we hope you like it.
Make certain that if you are planning a party with family and friends, to have each program planned out beforehand. You must have an appetizer course, salad training course, main course and also dessert. Damaging your dish into programs will certainly give people an opportunity to absorb and value what you have cooked for them.
You can have Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies using 20 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies:
- Use Individual Apple Pies.
- Prepare 1 package Pie Crusts [top & bottom & have at room temperature before baking].
- Prepare 6 large Granny Smith Apples [sliced].
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup Raisins [optional].
- Provide 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Allspice.
- Use 1 tsp Lemon Juice.
- Use 3/4 cup Brown Sugar [packed].
- Use 1 tsp Granulated Sugar [topping].
- You need 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon [topping].
- You need 2 tbsp Cornstarch [for thickening].
- You need to prepare Kitchen Items.
- Provide 2 Oversized Ramekins.
- Provide 1 Cutting Board.
- Use 1 Knife.
- You need 1 medium Pot.
- You need 1 large Spoon.
- Prepare 1 Strainer.
- You need 1 can Butter Flavored Pam Spray.
Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies instructions :
- Wash apples, thin slice, cut the seeds out and discard them. There's no need to peel apples..
- Place apple slices in a pot and fill with enough water to cover..
- Bring to a boil and cook apples until they are soft. Usually about 10 minutes..
- Once soft, drain in strainer and place apples back in warm pot. Turn heat on low..
- Mix in all ingredients except for pie crust, cinnamon topper and granulated sugar topper..
- Using one of your empty ramekins, turn it over and cut out a circle of pie crust the size of your ramekin openings. Make 2 of those rounds. Lightly spray Pam the insides and bottom of your ramekins. Also make 2 more rounds that are slightly larger than your first ones. These will be your pie toppers..
- To thicken your sliced apple mixture, add 2 tablespoons Cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. With heat turned on, slowly add in cornstarch and water mixture. Your mixture will thicken up as it heats up..
- Taste test to see if you'd like more sugar or cinnamon. It's all up to you!.
- Place both pie rounds in each ramekin and press down..
- Using a fork, make holes in the crust..
- Fill both ramekins equally with pie filler..
- Place pie toppers on top and pinch down on to your ramekins..
- Spray tops with butter flavored Pam or real melted butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and sugar toppers..
- Place a few slits on top so your pie can breathe, cook and bubble over if need be. Place pies on the lowest rack setting [this will ensure your bottom crust to crisp up] in your oven at approximately 425°..
- Bake as per pie crust manufactures directions. Usually 15 to 17 minutes..
- Serve hot with an ice cream of your choosing!.
- Authors Notes: Another gorgeous way of presenting these pies is to slice off the apple top, hollow out the apples contents with a spoon or melon baller, [being careful not to breach the outer apple shell] and cook the innards just as you would have the apple slices. Also, make certain that the apples you choose can stand upright on their own. Lastly, cut raw pie crusts in strips and lay across the apple top interwoven like a lattice fence..
- Lastly, chances are these pies will boil over a bit in between the ramekin top and the top pie crust. So place a cookie sheet or tinfoil underneath the ramekins to catch any dripping fluids. However, one way to avoid this is by cutting out a long, 1/2" piece of raw pie crust and press it [inside] the top, [upper] rim of your ramekin. As it bakes, it will rise into your top crust whereby giving it a better seal..
Take these Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies recipe ideas and also use them and also maybe even experiment while you go to it. The kitchen area is an excellent place to attempt brand-new points with the right aid.
If you find this Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies recipe valuable please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.