Cooking could be among the earliest skills in the world. That does not indicate that there are any limits to the understanding readily available for the chef interested in boosting his/her skills. Also the finest chefs, even professionals, can constantly discover brand-new recipes, methods and also techniques to improve their kitchen abilities, so lets try this Steph's Fantastic Dutch Apple Pie recipe, we hope you like it.
Moist paper towel as well as a plastic bag can expand the life of your environment-friendlies. If you wrap your fresh natural herbs or fresh eco-friendlies with a wet paper towel and afterwards position them in a plastic bag, they will certainly last much longer. They will usually stay fresh 3 to 4 days longer if you do.
You can have Steph's Fantastic Dutch Apple Pie using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Steph's Fantastic Dutch Apple Pie:
- Provide 1 Frozen Pie crust (deep dish 9").
- You need to prepare FILLING.
- Provide 6 large Granny Smith Apples (5 if apples are extra large- pictured).
- You need to prepare 3/4 Cup sugar.
- Provide 1/4 Cup flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Cinnamon.
- Provide Dash salt.
- Prepare CRUMB TOPPING.
- You need 1/2 Cup butter.
- Use 1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar.
- You need to prepare 1 Cup flour.
Steph's Fantastic Dutch Apple Pie step by step :
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Peel, core and slice apples..
- As you cut the apples put them in a big bowel of water (to prevent browning).
- Add other filling ingredients directly to freezer bag.
- Drain apples in colander. Add them to the plastic bag with filler ingredients. And shake bag till apples are coated..
- In a separate bowl, cut together all the crumb topping ingredients (if you don't have a pastry cutter, you can use 2 butter knives in a cross slicing motion).
- Cut butter and topping together until pea-sized.
- Put the pie shell on a cookie sheet.
- Flip the bag of Apple filling into the pie shell. It will be overflowing with apples (your going to have to pile them in the center and make a mound).
- pull plastic bag off, keeping the apples from falling- don't worry they will cook drown.
- Then press the topping onto the pile of apples (easiest way is to grab a hand full and press it on) making sure all the apples are covered. It's going to make a mess and fall off, you'll have to wipe the topping off the cookie sheet and add it back to the pie. (Wipe cookie sheet with paper towel when done - keeps butter from burning in the pan).
- Put the cookie sheet and the pie into the oven. (Don't just pick up the pie. It's so full you will loose apples if you do).
- Bake on 425 for 40 minutes.
- Cover pie with tin foil (doesn't have to be sealed to pie just place it on top) and bake another 10 min - stops the topping from over cooking.
- Put a butter knife into the pie, if you feel the apples are still uncooked, cover and cook in 5 minute intervals till done..
- Serve warm with real whip cream! (Or al la mode).
You do not require to be a professional to cook a wonderful dish. There are several recipes that look tough and also frustrating, however remain in truth, fairly straightforward among it is Steph's Fantastic Dutch Apple Pie recipe. We wish, this recipe has actually instilled some self-confidence in you for the following time you are in the cooking area.
If you find this Steph's Fantastic Dutch Apple Pie recipe helpful please SHARE it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.