Cooking may be one of the earliest abilities worldwide. That does not mean that there are any kind of limits to the understanding readily available for the cook curious about enhancing his or her skills. Even the finest chefs, even professionals, can constantly locate new recipes, methods as well as methods to improve their kitchen area skills, so lets try this Lemon Meringue Pie with Homemade Pie Crust recipe, we hope you like it.
When you are going to the shop, do not constantly have a big shopping list which can limit you to simply obtaining certain items. See what you like and also what you remain in the mood for as well as purchase based upon that. This will offer you the spontaneity to prepare whatever you pick.
To cook Lemon Meringue Pie with Homemade Pie Crust you only need 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Lemon Meringue Pie with Homemade Pie Crust:
- Prepare 1 Homemade Pie Crust.
- You need To Make Lemon Custard.
- You need to prepare 1 lemon Domestic Lemon Zest.
- Provide 1 lemon Domestic Lemon Juice (squeezed).
- Prepare 3 Egg yolk.
- Use 60 grams Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 300 ml Milk.
- Prepare 25 grams Corn starch.
- Prepare 5 grams Cake flour.
- Use 10 grams Butter.
- Use To Make the Italian Meringue.
- Prepare 3 Egg whites.
- Use 100 grams Granulated sugar.
- You need 30 ml Water.
- Prepare 1 dash Squeezed Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 Powdered sugar.
Lemon Meringue Pie with Homemade Pie Crust instructions :
- Prep: Grate the outer yellow skin of the lemon. Squeeze out the lemon juice, use about 10ml for the Italian meringue. Make the pie crust. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142966-flaky-and-beautiful-all-purpose-kneaded-pie-crust.
- Make the Lemon Custard: We will make the custard cream in the microwave and add the lemon last. In a heat-resistant bowl, add the egg yolk, caster sugar, cornstarch, cake flour, and 3 Tbsp of the listed milk. Mix together with a whisk..
- Slowly add the remaining milk and heat in the microwave. After 3 minutes, some of it will be thicker and it will begin to expand, take it out and stir it with a whisk. Microwave again until the thickness increases. When it gets to the point where you're not sure if it's thick enough, stop microwaving. It will thicken as it hardens so be careful. Melt the butter in it while it's hot..
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out, and let it cool. Once cooled, mix in the lemon zest and lemon juice, setting aside 10ml. If you want a smooth and melt-in-your-mouth type custard, strain it now. I like the springy, puffy texture so I leave it as is..
- Spread the lemon custard into the pie crust..
- Make the Italian Meringue: In the pictures, the top photo is the Italian meringue and the bottom photo is the normal meringue.The Italian meringue has a gloss and is quite sweet, so you could even eat the meringue as is..
- In a small saucepan, heat the granulated sugar and the water. Bring it to a boil and let it boil down until it reaches about 120°C. Don't stir or mix it during this time, or the sugar won't dissolve. If you turn the heat up too high, it won't caramelize. Be careful..
- Add in a pinch of salt (not listed in ingredients) to the egg whites and whip with a hand mixer. Once it becomes thick and creamy, add in the syrup from Step 7 a little bit at a time while continuing to whip. Once peaks form and it has completely whipped up, the shiny meringue has been completed. Lastly, add in the remaining lemon juice, and it's done..
- Thickly layer the meringue onto the custard cream from Step 5 and form it into a loose mound. Preheat the oven to 220°C..
- Form little peaks by using the back of a spoon and sprinkle with powdered sugar..
- Bake for 5 minutes in the 220°C oven. Lower to 160°C to melt the sugar. The powdered sugar and the top of the meringue will become a very lovely color. Warm a up knife in the oven to with a crisp cut..
Everybody wishes to be a better cook. Every person intends to experiment with enjoyable recipes. Finding the moment and really feeling the motivation to be innovative in the kitchen can in some cases pose a difficulty though. We hope these Lemon Meringue Pie with Homemade Pie Crust recipe can bring the magic to your kitchen. Provide a couple of these suggestions a shot tonight, your taste buds will thanks!
If you find this Lemon Meringue Pie with Homemade Pie Crust recipe valuable please SHARE it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.