It's long been said that the best method to a guy's heart is via his stomach. But guys aren't the only ones who love an excellent dish. Cooking is not simply a technical ability, it's a life task that you utilize each day. Here, Perfect Pie Crust recipe to practice as well as improve your cooking skills as well as make you also much better at it.
Cooking a large meal for friends or household calls for a lot of prep work ahead of time. Constantly have all active ingredients before starting to cook. Prepare whatever the day prior, consisting of the correct tools as well as various other cooking tools. This will certainly aid you in keeping calm as well as doing your best.
To cook Perfect Pie Crust you need 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Perfect Pie Crust:
- You need 1 1/2 cup Crisco (vegetable Shortening).
- You need 3 cup All-purpose Flour.
- You need 1 Whole Egg.
- Prepare 5 tbsp Cold Water.
- Use 1 tbsp White Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp Salt.
Perfect Pie Crust step by step :
- In a large bowl, with a pastry cutter, gradually work the Crisco into the flour for about 3 or 4 minutes until it resembles a coarse meal. In a small bowl, beat an egg with a fork and then pour it into the flour/shortening mixture. Add 5 tablespoons of cold water, 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir together gently until all of the ingredients are incorporated..
- Separate the dough into thirds. ***Note: Separating it into thirds will result in three thin crusts. If you prefer a more substantial crust, separate it in half.*** Form 3 evenly sized balls of dough and place each dough into a large Ziploc bag. Using a rolling pin, slightly flatten each ball of dough (about ½ inch thick) to make rolling easier later. Seal the bags and place them in the freezer until you need them. (If you will be using it immediately it’s still a good idea to put in the freezer for about 15 to 20 minutes to chill.).
- When you are ready to use the dough to make a crust, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for 15 minutes. On a floured surface roll the dough, starting at the center and working your way out. (Sprinkle some flour over top of the dough if it’s a bit too moist.) If the dough is sticking to the counter top use a metal spatula and carefully scrape it up and flip it over and continue rolling until it’s about ½ inch larger in diameter than your pie pan..
- With a spatula, lift the dough carefully from the surface of the counter into the pie pan. Gently press the dough against the corner of the pan. Go around the pie pan pinching and tucking the dough to make a clean edge..
Now that you have actually reached the end of this Perfect Pie Crust recipe, currently experimenting with recipes as well as implement it as well as appreciate. You never recognize - you just may have found a brand-new vocation.
If you find this Perfect Pie Crust recipe helpful please SHARE it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.