It's long been claimed that the most effective way to a man's heart is through his belly. However men aren't the just one that like a fantastic meal. Cooking is not just a technical skill, it's a life activity that you use everyday. Below, Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie recipe to practice and also improve your cooking skills as well as make you even better at it.
Among the best points that you can do is to prepare with member of the family or pals. When you prepare with somebody else, you will be able to detect methods that they implement as well as will be able to better on your own as a chef. Talk with them to see just how their thought process functions, to elevate your expertise.
To make Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie you only need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie:
- Provide Filling.
- You need 2 small potatoes, sliced thin.
- Use 1/2 cup white chopped onion.
- You need 2 medium white mushrooms, chopped.
- You need to prepare 2 slice bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup turkey, chopped.
- You need to prepare 1 cup carrots, finely chopped.
- Use 1/2 cup green peas.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter.
- Provide 1 tbsp flour.
- Prepare Pumpkin filling sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup left over pumpkin pie filling.
- Prepare 2/3 cup heavy cream.
- You need 3 tbsp toasted spice rub.
- You need 1 tbsp unsalted butter.
- You need Pot pie topping.
- Use 1 Pie crust dough.
Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie step by step :
- Pre heat oven to 350°. If using pie crust dough, roll it out now..
- Heat a large skillet over med heat, and add chopped bacon..
- After about 3 mins, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir until melted..
- Add your sliced potatoes, stirring to coat with butter, and bacon. Let potatoes brown..
- After about 5 mins, add chopped onions, carrots, green peas and mushrooms. Stir occasionally, to avoid over browning..
- When the onions are clear and carrots softened, add chopped turkey. Reduce heat to low..
- In a small sauce pot over med heat, add butter, pumpkin, and heavy cream. Season with toasted spice rub, bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth, breaking up pumpkin pie filling. Turn off heat..
- Create a well in the middle of your skillet. Add remaining butter, melt, and stir in flour to create a quick roux. Add pumpkin sauce and stir to combine..
- Put your filling into baking dish, and cover top with pie crust dough. Poke holes in the middle for venting, and place in oven. Cook untill golden brown. Let stand 10 mins before serving. ENJOY :).
- NOTE: The toasted spice rub mix I used is from a recipe by Michael Chiarello (Food Network). You can find the recipe on Food Network Web site or app under the recipe titled; Roasted Butternut Squash Soup..
Since you have actually checked out the Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie recipe, and also you have the expertise that you require to do in the cooking area. Get that apron out, dust off your mixing bowls and roll up your sleeves. You have some cooking to do.
If you find this Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie recipe helpful please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.