Once you comprehend the basics of cooking, it can be such a freeing and rewarding experience to produce a simply scrumptious dish or baked item. The smells in your home and the faces of individuals who you share it with are valuable. We wish this Leeky Fish Pie dish will offer you some concept for you to become a phenomenal chef.
Cooking a large meal for close friends or family requires a great deal of prep work ahead of time. Constantly have all components prior to starting to cook. Prepare everything the day prior, including the proper tools and also other food preparation devices. This will aid you in keeping one's cool and doing your finest.
You can cook Leeky Fish Pie using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Leeky Fish Pie:
- You need to prepare 1 kg. Potatoes.
- Provide 2 large Smoked Cod Loins.
- You need to prepare 50 grams Butter.
- Use 500 mls Milk.
- Prepare 3 heaped Tablespoons Flour.
- You need 2 Fish Stock Cubes.
- You need 1 Cup Peas (optional).
- You need 1 Cup Sweetcorn(optional).
- Prepare 2 large Leeks.
- Prepare 50 gram tub grated Parmesan Cheese.
Leeky Fish Pie step by step :
- Peel, dice and cook potatoes, for about 10-15 minutes, until just about cooked. Put to one side..
- Cut off dark tops from the leeks, rinse under the tap, then slice thinly into a baking tin..
- Wash fish under the tap, do not dry, but remove any bones. Wrap in a sheet of grease proof paper and microwave for just three minutes. Flake apart with a fork and add to tin.
- Add Peas and Sweetcorn, if using..
- Put the flour in a medium saucepan, put on a low heat and add the flour gradually, whisking all the time to remove any lumps..
- As the sauce heats, add crumbled stock cubes and butter and bring heat up to boil, then turn down to a simmer until the sauce thickens..
- Pour sauce over contents of tin, making sure everything is covered including edges and corners..
- Mash potatoes, with a little butter and milk, until smooth and creamy. Spread over contents of tin and mark with a fork..
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese evenly over the entire top. Heat in a medium oven, Gas 6, 220 F., for about 15-20 minutes until top is golden brown and smells very cheesy!.
You do not require to be a pro to prepare a fantastic dish. There are several recipes that look tough and also overwhelming, yet remain in fact, quite straightforward among it is Leeky Fish Pie recipe. We really hope, this recipe has instilled some self-confidence in you for the next time you are in the cooking area.
If you find this Leeky Fish Pie recipe useful please SHARE it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.