Cooking could be one of the oldest abilities in the world. That does not imply that there are any type of restrictions to the knowledge offered for the chef thinking about boosting his/her abilities. Even the finest cooks, even specialists, can always locate new dishes, methods and also methods to enhance their kitchen area abilities, so lets try this Chicken pot pie recipe, we hope you like it.
When keeping active ingredients that you will certainly make use of for cooking it is a great routine to equip them in big amounts and freeze them in plastic bags. This will make preparing food much easier as well as much faster. For example, when preparing vegetables, you can simply pull them out of the freezer and also simply boil them.
You can cook Chicken pot pie using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie:
- Prepare Nonstick cooking spray.
- Provide 1 1/2 lb boneless,skinless chicken cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Use 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Use 4 teaspoons olive oil.
- Use 1 medium onion, chopped.
- Provide 2 medium carrots, chopped.
- Use 2 celery stalks, chopped.
- You need to prepare 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Provide 1/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Provide 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth.
- Use 1 can peas, drained.
- You need Chicken seasoning.
- You need to prepare 1 can biscuits.
Chicken pot pie step by step :
- To make the filling: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large shallow casserole dish, or 6 individual casserole dishes with cooking spray. I used the disposable tin pans..
- Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. I also use chicken seasoning and garlic powder. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer the chicken with its juices to a bowl..
- Add 2 more teaspoons of oil to the same pan and heat it over a medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the green beans, garlic and remaining salt and pepper and cook for 2 minute more. Add the milk. Stir the flour into the broth until it is completely dissolved and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes more..
- Return the chicken with its juices back to the pan. Add the peas and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish or individual dishes..
- Top the filling with a biscuit. Bake until filling is bubbling and the biscuit topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Enjoy..
You do not need to be a pro to prepare a wonderful meal. There are numerous recipes that look hard as well as overwhelming, however remain in reality, rather easy among it is Chicken pot pie recipe. We really hope, this recipe has actually instilled some self-confidence in you for the next time you are in the kitchen.
If you find this Chicken pot pie recipe useful please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.