It's long been said that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach. But males aren't the just one that enjoy a fantastic meal. Cooking is not just a technical skill, it's a life task that you utilize every day. Right here, Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie recipe to practice and enhance your cooking skills and make you even better at it.
When keeping components that you will certainly utilize for cooking it is an excellent behavior to equip them in big quantities and also freeze them in plastic bags. This will make preparing food simpler as well as quicker. For instance, when preparing veggies, you can simply pull them out of the freezer and also just steam them.
You can cook Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie:
- Provide 2 tbsp unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tbsp all-purpose flour.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup leftover turkey gravy.
- Prepare 2 cup leftover turkey - roughly chopped.
- Use 2/3 cup frozen peas and carrots mix (or any leftover veggies you may have, cut to 1/4in. dice).
- You need to prepare 2 cup to 4 cup leftover mashed potatoes.
- Use 1 cup leftover stuffing/dressing.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie instructions :
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9in round deep dish pie plate or a deep sided 8x8in square casserole dish. Press cold, leftover stuffing/dressing into the bottom and slightly up the sides to form a bottom "crust". Bake in oven for 5 min. Remove and set aside (leave oven on)..
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter when hot. When melted whisk in flour. Cook about 2 minutes to make a nice golden roux. Add milk, whisking to combine and keep from clumping. Stir in leftover gravy and veggies. Bring to a simmer for about 2 minutes to heat through. Turn off heat, add leftover turkey and stir gently to combine..
- Reheat mashed potatoes in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes in microwave, or until just heated through so they will be easier to work with..
- Gently pour filling into stuffing crust. Starting at the edges, dollop mashed potatoes in several little mounds all over the top. I actually have a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop that works perfectly for this, and makes the cutest little mounds of potato. You could even use a star tip on a piping bag. Get fancy with it!.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown. Remove from oven. Let rest 5 - 10 minutes and enjoy a simple and easy day after Thanksgiving meal!.
- Optional: remove from oven at 20 minutes, top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden brown..
Take these Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie recipe concepts and use them and perhaps even experiment while you go to it. The cooking area is a wonderful area to attempt brand-new things with the appropriate aid.
If you find this Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie recipe helpful please SHARE it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.