Many people love cooking as well as believe it makes the perfect relaxing hobby. A kitchen that is loaded with fresh food that scents tasty is certain to make any individual's state of mind a little bit lighter. It can often seem hard, however, to pinpoint dishes that benefit you or suggestions that leads to an inevitably effective meal. Perhaps this Classic Chicken Pot Pie recipe is the one you are searching for.
When you are going to the shop, do not always have a big shopping list which can restrain you to simply obtaining certain products. See what you such as and also what you are in the state of mind for and also acquisition based on that. This will give you the spontaneity to cook whatever you pick.
To cook Classic Chicken Pot Pie you need 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Pot Pie:
- You need to prepare Crust:.
- Provide 2 cups AP flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp salt.
- Provide 2/3 cup butter, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup ice cold water.
- You need Filling:.
- You need to prepare 1 medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 pound chicken, cubed.
- Use 3 medium carrots, sliced thin.
- Provide 3 medium potatoes, small dice.
- Prepare 2 cups frozen peas.
- Use 2 cups low sodium chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp Italian seasoning.
- You need to taste Salt & Pepper.
- Provide 1 tsp corn starch.
Classic Chicken Pot Pie instructions :
- Preheat oven 400°F..
- Start with filling. Saute onion in olive oil until translucent. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add carrots, potatoes, and stock. Cook until potatoes are tender..
- While filling cooks, blend dry ingredients for crust. Cut in softened butter. Gently mix in water. Flour flat surface and roll out half the crust and place in 9" pie plate..
- When veggies are tender, mix corn starch into small amount of cold water or stock and add to chicken and veggies. Bring to a bubble and cook until thickened. Stir in peas and seasoning. Pour filling into crust..
- Roll out second half of the crust and top pie. Trim excess crust about 1" around pie plate, tuck and flute to seal edges. Cut a few slits as vents in top crust..
- Bake at 400° for 60 minutes or until crust is golden.
- After the family had their fill.
Since you have reviewed the Classic Chicken Pot Pie recipe, and also you have the know-how that you need to carry out in the kitchen area. Get that apron out, dust off your mixing bowls as well as roll up your sleeves. You have some cooking to do.
If you find this Classic Chicken Pot Pie recipe helpful please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.