Every person loves the idea of taking a seat to a scrumptious home-cooked dish, however with today's busy routines, it can be more challenging than ever before to discover the time to place one with each other. Fortunately, assistance is available, the Chicken Pot Pie recipe and advice in this short article will certainly assist you put together well balanced meals for your household in a surprisingly, short time.
In order to make the process of cooking much easier, you should take to time to make large amounts of meat or vegetable stock as well as store it in the freezer. Not just is making your own supply cheaper than buying it from a retailer, yet it makes it easy to keep a big supply accessible. Just ice up the stock in small and also plainly labeled sections and after that obtain what you require when you require it!
To cook Chicken Pot Pie you only need 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie:
- You need 1 pie crust (store bought or homemade).
- You need to prepare 4 tbsp. unsalted butter.
- You need to prepare 1/2 small onion, diced.
- Provide 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup all purpose flour.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup heavy cream (whole milk or half and half work also).
- Use 1/2 tsp. each dried thyme, salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. each pepper, poultry seasoning.
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley.
- Use 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken.
- You need 1 cup peeled and diced carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup peas (we use small broccoli florets instead).
- You need 1 small potato, peeled and diced.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup shredded cheese of choice (optional).
- Use 1 large egg, beaten.
Chicken Pot Pie step by step :
- Start by cooking your veggies... the carrots, peas (or broccoli in our case) and potatoes. We just combine everything in a large pot of water and boil until everything is just tender, about 4-6 minutes. Then set them aside..
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Increase the heat to med-high and sprinkle the flour over the onion. Stir to incorporate and cook while stirring for a minute or two. Then, whisking continually, slowly add in the chicken broth and the cream. Stir in all the seasoning and whatever else you'd like and let it come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat down to med-low and allow to simmer until it has thickened, about 7-10 minutes. Taste to make sure it doesn't need any additional seasoning, then remove it from the heat. Stir in the cheese (if using) until it's melted and incorporated in. Then stir in the chicken and veggies..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lay the first pie dough disc into the bottom of a 9" pie dish. Pour the filling over the top. Lay the second dough disc over the top and trim any overhanging dough from around the edges. Use a fork or your fingers to crimp the edges and seal it..
- Use a small, sharp knife to cut a few slits across the top, so the steam can vent. Use a pastry brush to brush the beaten egg all over the top crust. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Use a pie shield if you'd like to prevent the edges of the crust from browning too much too quickly. I put it on before putting the pie in the oven and take it off with about 10 or so minutes left of bake time..
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Now that you have actually read Chicken Pot Pie recipe, it is the time for you to head to the kitchen and also prepare some fantastic food! Bear in mind, cooking is not an ability that can be 100 percent right in the beginning. Method is required for you to grasp the art of cooking.
If you find this Chicken Pot Pie recipe helpful please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.