Cooking is a kind of art and also there are many different kinds of cooking that you could learn. You can come to be a chef or you can just try to understand the art of cooking great dishes within your house. Numerous jobs in the office use cooks, prep-cooks and managers that likewise supervise chefs. We hope this Shepherd's Pie recipe can help make you a much better cook.
Ensure that if you are planning a celebration with family and friends, to have each program planned out in advance. You must have an appetizer training course, salad course, main course as well as dessert. Damaging your dish right into courses will certainly give individuals a possibility to absorb and value what you have actually cooked for them.
To cook Shepherd's Pie you need 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie:
- Provide 1.5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Provide 1/4 cup half & half.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons butter.
- Provide 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper.
- You need to prepare 1 egg yolk.
- Provide 2 tablespoons canola oil.
- Prepare 1 small onion, diced (about one cup).
- Provide 2-3 carrots, peeled, diced (1 cup).
- You need to prepare 2 large cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb (traditional) or ground beef.
- Provide 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons tomato paste.
- Use 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup beef broth.
- Provide 1 tablespoon ea. Chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves.
- Prepare Kernels cut from 2 ears corn (1 cup).
- Use 1 cup frozen peas.
Shepherd's Pie instructions :
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 10 to 15 minutes..
- Place the half-and-half and butter into a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 35 seconds. Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to the saucepan. Mash the potatoes and then add the half and half, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mash until smooth. Stir in the yolk until well combined. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F..
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the filling. Place the canola oil into a 12-inch saute pan and set over medium high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the onion and carrots and saute just until they begin to take on color, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Add the lamb, salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle the meat with the flour and toss to coat, continuing to cook for another minute..
- Add the tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire, rosemary, thyme, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer slowly 10 to 12 minutes or until the sauce is thickened slightly. Add the corn and peas to the lamb mixture and spread evenly into an 11 by 7-inch glass baking dish. Top with the mashed potatoes, starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent the mixture from bubbling up and smooth with a rubber spatula..
- Place on a cookie sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or just until the potatoes begin to brown. Remove to a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before serving..
Everybody wishes to be a far better cook. Every person wishes to experiment with fun recipes. Discovering the time as well as really feeling the motivation to be innovative in the cooking area can sometimes position a challenge though. We wish these Shepherd's Pie recipe can bring the magic to your kitchen area. Give a number of these concepts a shot tonight, your palate will certainly thank you!
If you find this Shepherd's Pie recipe useful please SHARE it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.