Lots of people love cooking as well as assume it makes the best relaxing pastime. A kitchen that is filled with fresh food that scents tasty is specific to make any individual's mood a little bit lighter. It can in some cases appear difficult, though, to determine dishes that benefit you or suggestions that leads to an eventually successful meal. Possibly this Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC dish is the one you are looking for.
You can get rid of the garlic smell from your hands by massaging them for thirty secs on your stainless-steel stove prior to washing them. Garlic adds a fascinating taste to lots of dishes, but the apparent odor can remain on your hands. Using this pointer, you can appreciate your supper without your hands smelling highly of garlic.
You can cook Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC:
- Provide 2 1/2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2in. pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup 1% milk.
- Use 3 tbsp unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tsp salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef.
- You need to prepare 2 medium carrots (finely diced).
- You need to prepare 2 ribs celery (finely diced).
- You need to prepare 1 small onion (finely diced).
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp all purpose flour.
- Provide 2 tbsp tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cup reduced sodium beef broth.
- You need to prepare 1 packages frozen peas (10oz.).
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme.
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC step by step :
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine...
- preheat oven to 375...
- in a large lidded pot add potatoes and cover with 1inch of cold water. bring to boil. reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 10minutes or until fork tender. drain and return potatoes to pot..
- to potatoes.. add milk and 2tbl. of the butter, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. mash until smooth, cover and set aside..
- meanwhile, add remaining butter to a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. add ground beef by crumbling into pan. add carrots, celery and onion. cook for 15 minutes until veggies r soft and beef is no longer pink..
- stir in flour and cook an additional minute. stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and peas. bring to a simmer then cook 3 more minutes. liquid should be starting to thicken and peas should be thawed..
- stir in thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper..
- transfer meat veggie mix to a 13x9x2 baking dish. spread sweet potato mix evenly over beef mix. leave a 1inch border around the edges..
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbling..
- NUTRITIONAL INFO BASED ON family circle MAGAZINE: per serving: 429 calories; 12g. fat; 6g. sat.fat; 32g. protein; 48g. carbs; 8g. fiber; 701mg. sodium; 86mg. cholesterol.
Every person wishes to be a far better cook. Everybody intends to experiment with fun recipes. Discovering the moment and really feeling the inspiration to be creative in the cooking area can often present a challenge though. We hope these Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC recipe can bring the magic to your kitchen. Give a number of these suggestions a try tonight, your palate will certainly thanks!
If you find this Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC recipe valuable please SHARE it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.