Everyone enjoys the idea of taking a seat to a delicious home-cooked meal, however with today's hectic timetables, it can be more difficult than ever to discover the time to place one with each other. Luckily, aid is around, the Sweet Potato Pie recipe and suggestions in this short article will certainly help you put together healthier meals for your household in a remarkably, short time.
You can remove the garlic smell from your hands by massaging them for thirty seconds on your stainless steel cooktop before cleaning them. Garlic includes a delightful flavor to lots of dishes, but the unmistakable odor can remain on your hands. Utilizing this idea, you can enjoy your supper without your hands scenting strongly of garlic.
You can have Sweet Potato Pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie:
- You need to prepare pie filling.
- Provide 6 medium sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 eggs.
- Use 1/2 squeezed lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Provide 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg.
- You need to prepare 1 can evaporated milk.
- Use 1 tbsp all-purpose flour.
- Use 1 stick butter.
- Use 1/2 tsp salt.
- Use 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Provide whipped topping.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup whipping cream.
- You need 3/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Provide pie crust.
- You need to prepare 1 box store bought pie crust.
Sweet Potato Pie instructions :
- Peel and rough chop 5-6 medium to large sweet potatoes..
- Boil in water with a pinch of salt for 30 minutes or until fork tender..
- Drain sweet potatoes and allow to dry for a few minutes..
- In your preferred mixing bowl, add sweet potatoes, brown sugar, flour, eggs, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, evaporated milk, squeezed lemon, vanilla extract..
- Mix until blended but still with some texture. The texture from the sweet potatoes should be visually lumpy. This will add texture to the pie..
- Spread your pie crusts in a greased pie pan. I used my #8 cast iron pans..
- Spread foil over the pie in the pie pan, and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F..
- After the crust had baked, remove the foil and briefly allow to cool..
- Pour in your pie mixture, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes..
- Whip the whipping cream and powdered sugar..
- Slice and top with cool whip.
Now that you have actually read Sweet Potato Pie recipe, it is the moment for you to head to the kitchen area and also prepare some terrific food! Remember, food preparation is not a skill that can be one hundred percent right in the beginning. Practice is needed for you to grasp the art of cooking.
If you find this Sweet Potato Pie recipe useful please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.