Once you comprehend the basics of cooking, it can be such a releasing and rewarding experience to produce a merely tasty dish or baked item. The scents in your home and also the faces of the people that you share it with are invaluable. We wish this Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix dish will certainly provide you some suggestion for you to become an extraordinary cook.
Prep work is an extremely integral part of food preparation. You intend to ensure you have every item you might require. You likewise intend to ensure you have all the materials you might need. You do not intend to be in the center of a meal and find out you are missing out on something important.
To make Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix you only need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix:
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted.
- Use 1/4 tsp. salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp. pure maple syrup.
- You need 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1/8 tsp. smoked paprika.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup raw almonds.
- Prepare 1/3 cup dried cranberries (or dried fruit of choice).
- Provide 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips.
Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix step by step :
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large, rimmed baking tray with parchment paper or foil and set it aside. If using foil, very lightly grease it with some additional coconut oil..
- Lay out the drained and rinsed chickpeas on a couple of paper towels and dry them the best you can. Discard any skins that have come loose. Once dried, toss them with the coconut oil and salt. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes, shaking them around gently about halfway through..
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and carefully drizzle them with the maple syrup. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and smoked paprika and toss to evenly coat. I transfer the chickpeas to a large bowl to do this, rather than try to do it on the hot pan..
- Return the chickpeas to the pan, then add the pumpkin seeds and the almonds to the pan. Return to the oven for anywhere between 6-10 more minutes, until the nuts/pumpkin seeds are toasted and the chickpeas are browned and crispy. Set the tray over a wire rack to let everything cool completely..
- Once cool, place the chickpea mixture into a large bowl, stir in the dried cranberries and dark chocolate and that's it..
- You can serve it immediately or you can store it for later. Store it in an airtight container (such as a mason jar) for up to 1 week..
There is constantly something new to discover when it comes to food preparation and also every chef's skill-set is open to renovation. This Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix recipe is simply a couple of recipe suggestions to aid enhance your chef's performance. There are a lot more good recipes available and also excellent cooks maintain looking for them throughout their lives. Continuous understanding is the crucial to ever-improving food preparation skills.
If you find this Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix recipe valuable please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.